Sunday, May 23, 2010

Why is my email address considered spam?

I've tried to email my friend 3 times with problems. First I got a notice, next it was in her junk folder, and I don't think she got the last one.


Also, my emails go into the bulk folder when I tried to email my other adresses.


Anyone know what the problem is? The name itself doesn't look like spam (colasmuffin), and the body doesn't contain anything out of the ordinary.

Why is my email address considered spam?
It has nothing to do with the username. One little important fact you left out of this question. You don't say if your friend has put your email in her email's Address Book. Regardless of what email service she is using, she has an address book or contact list... whatever it's called for that service. She has to make sure your address is on it, or it will go to her junk mail folder. If she says it is already there, she needs to double-check it's accuracy. It's easy to miss something... like a lower case "L" that should be the numeral one (1). Dashes instead of underscore, and vice versa, spaces, etc.
Reply:Many times this has to do w/ the domain it is coming from. For example - many email programs and websites, will block or filter as "junk" email coming from certain domains like yahoo.com, or hotmail.com, b/c those are 2 of the common names used for spamming.. Also, depending on the program (if you're using a program) it may also depend on the subject you use. Certain subject lines trigger spam alert.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


email spam © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting