Monday, May 24, 2010

How can I stop Spam Emails that are coming from my own email address?

I'm using MS Outlook 2007 to check my emails and emails are comoing from our Exchange Server 2003.

How can I stop Spam Emails that are coming from my own email address?
It's called "spoofing".


Spoofing is the "forgery" of an address, to hide the identity of the sender, and is usually done by an Automatic Spamming system, that blindly and randomly, runs through addresses in sequence.


It's not actually coming from or thru your account. (see in your sent folder)


One type that's called "Self Spamming"--(go figure)--appears to be coming "from" and going "to" the same address.





Anti-spam experts say----There's nothing you can do, to stop them. Delete them. They are a nuisance, but harmless and don't last long.


Don't spam them--you'd only be spamming your own address.





Some people find temporary relief by blocking their own address----but of course, THEN you won't be able to receive anything you actually do send to yourself.
Reply:Use a giant hammer on your PC...that should do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


email spam © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting